We are seeking a Manager of Government Relations and Public Affairs to be the lead advocate for a national association on our human resources and labor management issue portfolio. Additionally, to be the liaison between the Government Affairs and Communications and Marketing teams on policy public relations. We seek a highly organized and self-motivated addition to our collaborative team. The selected candidate will work closely with our baking industry human resources professionals’ group. Further, the selected candidate will be a member of a team of four talented government relations professionals and report directly to the Senior Vice President of Government Relations and Public Affairs.
Salary: $60,000 – $65,000 depending on experience plus benefits
The Manager of Government Relations and Public Affairs is responsible for:
- Liaising with the Human Resources Professionals’ Group, including developing expertise of the Association members’ workforce practices, challenges, and opportunities as they related to their business success.
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory developments on human resources, labor management, and other policy issues that have a direct impact on the baking industry as assigned.
- Representing the association in Washington business coalitions, Congressional hearings, press conferences, meetings, and other legislative and regulatory functions.
- Maintaining a high profile for the association within the industry in the areas of human resources, workforce, labor relations, and other issues as assigned.
- Liaising on policy issues with the Communications and Marketing team.
- Supporting the Government Relations team with the coordination of congressional meetings and fly-in events, policy initiatives, coalitions, outreach opportunities, and other tasks as assigned.
This position requires occasional travel, both regionally and nationally.
Requirements: Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, history, journalism, foreign relations, or related field or equivalent experience is required.
- Related Master’s degree is desirable.
- 3-4 years’ relevant congressional, association, or corporate experience in public policy and/or public affairs.
- Experience in workforce, human resources, and labor relations strongly desirable, but not required.
- Proven success in building and cultivating key policy relationships and meeting strategic objectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the public policy process.
- Outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated abilities in developing policy advocacy plans.
- Strong project management, collaborative, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong presence, credibility, and demonstrated abilities in policy advocacy.
- Proficiency in office productivity software, content management systems, association management systems, email marketing services, and social media platforms.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with other staff and member leaders.
- Ability to articulate an advocacy position, policy strategy, and inspire others to support the strategic objectives.
- Ability to translate complex policy substance and process to business audience and motivate action.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to meet deadlines while making sound decisions, and to accommodate shifting priorities.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org